Followers

Friday, December 1, 2017

December's Challenge at Rhedd's Creative Spirit

Another year has just flown by..and christmas is almost upon us again.
So here we are, the last challenge for 2017 at Rhedd's Creative Spirit...but it will run right up until Janaury 31st at 9am. Everyone at Rhedd's Towers are taking a well deserved break.

My design team project is a wooden heart that I recycled as a christmas ornament..I bought a couple of these hearts in a sale quite some time ago, they had script on them that I sanded off..I love the shape, lopsided and chunky.


After sanding the heart down, I gave it 2 coats of gesso....I cut a piece of corrugated card to shape and gessoed that as well..
Once the gesso was dry on the corrugated card I added crackle paste and left it to dry over night.


I dry brushed brown paint around the sides of the heart to age it..then added the corrugated heart using hot glue.
I added some glitter snow over the dried crackle paste and added the word "HOPE"
I gessoed the twigs and cones etc and added them to the heart, adding the die cut reindeer that I cut from a scrap of glitter card.
To finish I added some die cut snowflakes...I am looking forward to having this piece on display over the christmas period.

Do pop over to the challenge blog..remember the challenge will run until the 31st January...you have plenty of time to enter..and you can enter more than once!
You can find it here at 

3 comments:

Sammy said...

Oh this is just gorgeous Sandie! So very pretty! x

Elaine aka Ellapu said...

There you go again - giving me more inspiration. I have a couple of those hearts somewhere and now am thinking of doing something similar - just beautiful sweetie xx

Rupa Swaminathan said...

This is so pretty...love the texture of the corrugated cardboard along with the crackle paste! A beautiful festive decor for display, Sandie.