Followers

Wednesday, November 1, 2017

Nice little Boat.....

My goodness, where did October go??  We are so near the end of 2017.... I feel this year has gone by far too quickly...
Over at Altered Eclectics the challenge for November has just started..as always anything altered, recycled, Mixed Media goes....but no paper crafts.


My project this month for Altered Eclectics is this lovely Boat Display unit..I must admit it has been sitting in the cupboard in my craft room for around 2 yrs..probably longer to be honest.
I remember buying it at a craft show..I think its made by Tando. 
Very easy to put together ( I did use strong glue )...it is made from gray board.


I applied a base coat of gesso then painted it twice with pale blue acrylic paint..then when that was dry I dry brushed some white acrylic paint over the blue.
I had some fab backing paper the had a washed out, peeled paint design on so used that for the back panel.


In my stash I found some bottles that I filled with sand and shingle and some very tiny shells. The orange net had my clementines in...the shells from my local beach that I collected in the summer..along with the drift wood. The seagull is a button and my very last one,so now I am looking for more to replace the ones I have used.


I varnished the pebbles...and I found some black mesh in a box, so that was perfect for a fishing net. 
My friend had given me some little compass's a few months ago, they are the perfect size for this project.
I am so pleased with the way this piece turned out...
Please do pop over to Altered Eclectics and take a look at all the designs teams projects..and maybe you will be tempted to enter the challenge this month.
You can find the challenge here at Altered Eclectics


5 comments:

Jane Royston said...

Love this! Great colours and that peeled paint paper works so well, Jane :) xx

Elaine aka Ellapu said...

Again you are so creative and love the way you have executed this so perfectly - is that going in your bathroom if so it will look great xx

Judy McKay said...

Love it! You are so creative and inspiring Sandra. Judy

Sammy said...

I absolutely love this. Love, love, love! So gorgeous. x

WendyK said...

Love your boat, some great embellishments on the shelves, and decoration around it. I love anything to do with the seaside, so this really appeals to me.