Followers

Sunday, October 1, 2017

October Challenge....

For my design team project at Rhedd's Creative Spirit this month, I couldn't resist making something with a Halloween theme.
What was once a white mini cabinet with a clock that I picked up in a charity shop about a year ago, is now a cabinet storing bottles of poison,some eyeballs, ghost & ghoulie books..along with a rather large black spider that's spread his web everywhere inside the cabinet.


Lots of sanding as the top section had a flower transfer on it....


Gessoed twice then painted twice in orange acrylic paint.


I decided to paint the top and bottom of the cabinet in black paint,but it just didn't work, so I sanded it back..I rather liked the effect and left it as it was.


I added the witch and cats looking in the window..and a few embellishments to the top section....finally adding a bat and skeleton on a chain on the door....

You can find this challenge over at
...no theme, but your entry must be altered art..no papercrafts/cards.

I am linking my project to the challenge over at We Love to Create
After a short break they are back with a new challenge..do pop over and take a look...

10 comments:

Sammy said...

I really, really love this Sandie! Especially love the "accidental" look of the sanded back black paint. It works so well! x

Valerie-Jael said...

This is gorgeous, and right up my street! Hugs, Valerie

Mrs.B said...

A fabulous alteration Sandie, love all the details.
Avril xx

WendyK said...

Fabulous alteration Sandie, love all the different elements.
Wendy xx

Claire said...

OMG what a fab project, love all the details! Thanks so much for joining us at We Love 2 Create with Polkadoodles
Claire xx

Lotte Kristensen said...

What a great project for your charity shop find - I love all the bits and bobs, though hope the eyeballs aren't real??! ;D

Thanks also for your lovely comment on my blog :)

Rupa Swaminathan said...

Impeccable..This is so neat Sandie. Love the Halloween theme and you have done it just perfect.

My name is Erika. said...

Hi Sandra. I was late posting comment ((ok really bad of me) and I came across your comments. Thanks-and sorry it took me so long to get back to you. Wow-I love your Halloween art. The little cabinet is fantastic. Very creative of you. Hugs-Erika

Tee said...

Beautiful altered cabinet!

Lemon Creation said...

Hi Sandra,

What a beautiful altered object you create! I am so in awe with your cabinet! Gorgeous take on Halloween! Big hugs and see you on More Mixed Media challenge blog:)
Hugs, Asia