Followers

Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Pretty Altered Kilt Pin

Here we are in to March already...time for another monthly challenge at Altered Eclectics. I love being on the design team over there...I have a fab boss lady.
My project for this month is an altered Kilt Pin...first time ever for me...and when I took photos of it, it kind of looked lonely, so I made a lacy hanging for the pin to be pinned on to when its not being worn.


The base of the wall hanging is hessian, overlaid with muslin. which I adhered pieces of lace and applique on..also used my late mothers lace butterfly to finish embellishing it. The pretty hanger was in my stash, I have no idea where it came from.


 I added a chain loop to the pin and a selection of girlie charms, a crystal droplet and a butterfly cabochon and to finish it completely I added the beautiful pale blue resin rose.
Do pop over to the blog and take a look at the design teams projects, you won't be disappointed...while you are there you may be inspired to join in with this months challenge.
The challenge is here at ...Altered Eclectics

7 comments:

Sammy said...

This is gorgeous! And that safety pin in just adorable! Love it! x

Elaine aka Ellapu said...

This is simply stunning and loving the combination of the colurs you used - beautiful blue. Also using something of your mothers as a tribute to her. Love it hun xx

Judy McKay said...

Stunning Sandie. Love the textures and those pretty details. Judy

Jane Royston said...

Beautiful Sandie! Jane :) xx

Nora said...

This is so gorgeous!!! lovely!!!

Nora said...

This is so gorgeous!!! lovely!!!

Carol said...

The altered pin is so gorgeous and I love the lace to hang it on - scrummy xx