Followers

Thursday, March 16, 2017

Atc Box with Atcs

I was so thrilled to be asked by Lou over at Fernli Designs to be their Guest Designer for March.
In case you don't already know Fernli Designs make some fabulous craft and and not so crafty items, from tiny hearts and cogs to storage for pens,glues,ribbons etc, all Laser Cut from MDF.
Such versatile items, their embellishments look just as good on cards and Tags etc as much as they do for altered art and stand alone pieces..so be sure to pop over for a browse.

              Artist Trading Card Box & 6 Trading Cards
So, on to my first project for March....my project was created over several days, allowing glue, paste and paint to dry...and I am totally useless at editing videos for YouTube, saying that I do hope you enjoy reading through..I would love to hear what you think in comments at the end.
The colour variation in some of the photos differ slightly, that was due to bad lighting because of bad weather.


This is the Artist Trading Card box with 6 Trading Cards (please note the atcs do not come with the box, they are available separately)
The box is flat packed, but very  easy to assemble, pva glue is as good as any other glue for this product.


Using a selection of tester pot emulsion paints from a store, I gave the box 3 coats and the cards 2 coats of paint.


Using Black Stazon ink I stamped the back of each card, then after choosing my theme, I added the details, sprayed each one with a sealer by  ( Crafters Companion)


Each card I swiped with a selection of acrylic paints and I also used some inks sprays and once dry, I stamped grungy images with distress inks, then stamped the main image, using black stazon ink.
I left them overnight to dry completely then sealed them with a sealer.

The Atc Box




          Using Black Stazon I stamped images on all sides of the box,


......... including the lid,as you can see above.
I distressed around all the edges of the box and lid with black ink, then sprayed it with the sealer.


I set the box aside to dry and painted the wooden knob for the lid and once that was dry I sealed that too and attached it to the box lid.





To finish I added the Atcs to the box....I have spare MDF trading cards so I shall be adding to this collection..


Here are the main products I used


Thank you for checking out my project for Fernli Designs..I would love to read your comments.
Be sure to check Fernlis website which you can find HERE





4 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Wonderful project, love how you assembled it and did the ATCs. Enjoy your time as guest DT, hugs, Valerie

Tina Theis of Ivory Moon Designs said...

These are great Sandi love the handle on the top too .... really finished the box off xxx
Tina xxx

Carol said...

GORGEOUS - as always xx

Unknown said...

Another gorgeous project :))