Followers

Thursday, September 1, 2016

Pretty enough for the Dresser

Now, who could resist adding this altered bottle the their dressing table...
I altered this bottle as my project for the Dt  over at
Altered Eclectics  for their September Challenge...and I love is so much, it now has pride of place on my dressing table.


I love the shape of this bottle..I actually bought it in a cheap/ thrift store and it came with the cork stopper.
I attached some muslin around the bottle then layered that up with some silver mesh and a very lacy section of a vintage cotton doily that I had bought ages ago in a charity shop...


I had a silver wired crystal spray which I cut and separated in to 3 pieces and added 2 of them to the main part of my bottle...
I actually made my large flower by stitching and then gathering 2 different pieces of  lace in to a circle. I punched a circle for the back of the flower from card..I used hot glue to adhere the two pieces of lace together then added a peachy rosette I had in my stash.


I used a small piece of the crystal spray and some of the silver mesh for the neck of the bottle, finally adding the butterfly with a small amount of hot glue.
You can find the challenge here at 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

very pretty
jan
x

Sammy said...

Gorgeous! Such beautiful detail, and that butterfly is stunning. x

Elaine aka Ellapu said...

You know I love your creations so very much. The bottle would look great on any dressing table - mine lol. Fabulously talented you are xx

Jane Royston said...

Love this Sandie, it is gorgeous and would look perfect on any dressing table! Jane :) X

Chana Malkah said...

This is cute and a wonderful transformation of your bottle!
Hugz,
Chana, DT
Altered Eclectics